Fast Acting Laxative Review

Fast Acting LaxativeOne of the most uncomfortable feelings can be when you’re constipated. The first thing you may want to do is find a fast acting laxative. While this may be okay on occasion, if constipation is a part of your daily life, you may want to consult your doctor for relief of constipation.

There are some natural remedies that may be considered fast acting laxatives. You can try an Epsom salt laxative. This is when you combine Epsom salt with water and lemon juice and drink it. This is a colon cleanser and is ok on occasion but not something you want to do if you have chronic constipation. You should do no more than two doses of Epsom salt in a twenty-four hour period. You may also pour Epsom salt into a warm bath and soak. Sometimes this will help you to relax, thus relaxing your colon enough to ease constipation.

Another fast acting laxative is the senna laxative. Senna is a natural fast acting laxative with some serious side effects. Some of these side effects are nausea, diarrhea and severe cramps. Senna is often found in over the counter laxatives. Again, this is okay for the occasional constipation episode, but not something you want to use daily.

Constipation is usually caused by some other illness. It is a symptom, not a disease. The best fast acting laxative would be to drink plenty of fluids, such as water or fruit juice. You may also want to try high fiber foods such as broccoli, spinach, beans, whole grains or bran cereals. All these can go a long way to easing constipation.

Some of the over the counter laxatives are pretty good fast acting laxatives. When using any of these you want to be sure to read the instructions and ask your medical professional before using them, especially if you have a medical condition.

Remember, if constipation seems a way of life for you, fast acting laxatives are probably not the answer due to long term laxative side effects. While they may work temporarily, they will not be a permanent relief for constipation. For this you will want to talk to a gastroenterologist, who can help you find a permanent solution.